Monday, October 13, 2008

Copper River Update

Well, if you read my post last week about my lunch experience and buy an $18.40 grilled chicken salad and water you know I was not at all happy (who would be) well Friday it really got to me so I went and sent the main Copper River people an email about my experience thinking I doubt anything will come it except I never will go back.... Well, I was wrong... I got an email from the owner and operator of the one in Boiling Springs and he he apoloigzes for the service and for what happen and invited the whole group that I went with (there were 10 us) back for lunch ON THEM... They are going to buy lunch for ALL of us... here is a few parts of the letter
“ what happen wasn’t right” and we would like to make it up to you and your friends.
Your waitress should have been more helpful in helping you select what you wanted. It is her responsibility, as it is with all servers, to make sure that we assist you in getting what you want and at the correct price
So please except our apologies and come back with your friends for lunch on us
I thought is really kind of him to take the time to read the complant and want to make it right... You know alot of resturants might would only satisfy me but he wants to with all the people I was with which I thought was awesome... In the beginning I did think it was wrong that he said it was the waitress responsibility but then again the more I thought about it she should have inform me of the cost, she should have suggest another way to do the salad and she should have not acted like I was trying to get one over on her.. So yeah, I have to agree with him... But I don't know what is going in her life or if she was having a bad day or whatever... I am just happy that they are wanting to make it right.... So there was a happy ending to the story, well as of today.. We will see Friday...

Have you ever had an experience at a resturant and they came back to make it right for you??

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

That is awesome!!! Did you happen to mention that she told you the owner was "pleased with the ticket"!!
Glad you guys will get a great lunch for free out of it. :)

Jennifer said...

Oh yeah, I mention that in the letter I sent.... But this letter came from the owner, I think the guy that day was pulling my leg.

Kim said...

That was really nice of the owner - speaks a lot for his restaurant. I've never been... we might try it someday. I had a fun experience at Olive Garden... Jacob & I went with friend and we got to talking - totally not noticing the time that passed from placing our order. The manager came out and said "this is not how we like to do business - we're so sorry you've waited so long. Please let us pay for your dinner and please order dessert on us too." We were amazed... we never had complained! in fact we had no idea that an hour had passed since we placed our order - we were enjoying company. So now everytime we go we hope for slow service :)