Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Hug Them A Little Tighter Tonight

What a week it has been already. It is only Wednesday and my body feels like it is Friday, I am drain... You know I started off this week just upset Stephen all the dealing of parenting a teenager that is going through his change of life. Yeah, one day I need to do a lesson from mommyhood from a mom of teenagers. Anyway, my heart was so heavy and I was ready to throw my arms up and just send him to days or military school (still thinking on that one).. But on Tuesday morning I was at work and had snuck on Facebook and another mom that I know message me and ask me if I had heard about Brandon McDaniel and I told her no, last I heard he was in India on a mission trip and she said no he came back and he had died in a car wreck that morning. I couldn't believe it and she was still getting details from her daughter then we found it was true. I didn't know Brandon that well but I was a huge fan of his band McCalvary and our youth group had adopted all those kids into our group. Kelly, Brandon, Rob, Thumper and Ernesto are all great kids and my oldest loves to hang out with this group of kids and I have always encourage him to and when they were going out and he wanted to go I never gave him a curfew cause these are some great Godly kids that are just about making music but they were about truly worshiping Jesus and leading others to him. There were so many times I have seen them and I had truly felt the presents of the Lord there. I have been brought to a place of true worship just through God using these kids. Brandon had just came back from a mission trip in India and I have been reading the loving comments on FB from people that knew him and I wish I had gotten to know him better. The last time I saw Brandon was when Eric and I went to Gatlinburg McCalvary was up there playing for a youth retreat from Greer and we were suppose to go and see them but I had the wrong hotel and I looked all over that weekend to see one of the kids and Kelly's mom but never did until Saturday night and we ran into Kelly and Brandon and they were rushing back to hotel for sound check before the night concert but they stop for a minute and talked and I can still see his face he just had a smile on his face and his eyes were just so peaceful. I was picking on him about taking Kelly out to dinner for valentines. My one thing I wish now was that I had follow them back and had gone back to hear him play and sing again. Last night at church Bucky had a prayer service for Brandon and there were kids there that I had no clue who they were but my heart was breaking for these kids that had lost a close friend a brother in Christ and this one guy I just kept watching he was really breaking my heart and he began to pray and come to find out he had grown up with Brandon and even through his tears he was so at peace with losing his friend cause Brandon had told him he was not scare to died cause he couldn't wait to hang w/ Jesus that he was excited about it. At that moment I just felt a sense of peace and comfort. Boy, Brandon is worshiping at Jesus feet and seeing him face to face right now. He is sitting there with his Lord and Savior he has played or sang about. That is comforting to me but my prayer is for his mom and family and the band mates and their families and all his friends and fans esp for sweet little Kelly that just lost her first love. I pray that they will feel the love, support, comfort,strenght and peace that only our Savior can give them. The next days to come will be hard on them and I believe with their faith they are going to lean on God to get them through this and even in the darkest and lonest days they will still be singing praise to Him.

Then today we get the sad news of little William that went missing and then they found him in the river. Oh my heart broke again and I could not even imagine what his family is going through. I lost Tyler one time at a friends house when we were in Hartsville and that was the worst and most gut wrenching 10 mins I had about ever had. Thankfully he just wanted to go and see the neighbors dogs and I had a red jacket on him and saw him through the woods of pine trees. I hope that the family knew our Lord cause I couldn't imagine getting something like that without of Him. If nothing else with the sadness that has happen in the past 2 days and the Lord calling home 2 of His children I do pray that it will touch somebody life to come to know our Lord and Savior. My prayers go out tonight to William's family, friends, and all the people that help with the search.
I know alot of us that are moms and most of smaller children I wanted to share this song that somebody had posted on FB for all of Brandon's friends. After reading the lyric I am happy for Brandon and William and I can't wait to get to know these young men one day and to hear Brandon play his guitar and sing....



Wish You were Here - Mark Harris


I wanted to tell you how closely I've kept
The memories of you in my heart
And all of the lifetimes that we had to share
Live even though we're apart
But don't cry for me
'Cause I'm finally free
(Chorus)
To run with the angels
On streets made of gold
To listen to stories of saints new and old
To worship our Maker
That's where I'll be
When you finally find me

No don't you be weary cause waiting for you
Are wonders that you've never known
Just hold on to Jesus, reach out for his hands
And one day They'll welcome you home
And that's when you'll be
Finally free
Finally free

(Chorus)
I wish you were here, I wish you were here

And all of the dreams that you treasure
Will soon come together
And that's when your sorrow will find tomorrow
And you will rise again

(Chorus)

We'll run with the angels on streets made of gold
We'll listen to stories of saints new and old
We'll worship our maker that's where we'll be
When you finally find me

I wish you were here

I will hug my kids a little tighter tonight, I will look at the blessing of each of them and I will pray that God will help get me through these teenage years with a soft heart and wisdom and guidance. You never know life is short, he could call them home tomorrow. I think I will tuck those teenagers that put in the gray in my head into bed tonight... Give your kids a hug and kiss...

1 comment:

Stacy said...

It is just terrible about both of these young people. But it does make you feel better to hear that he was excited to be with Jesus one day. The little boy just breaks my heart. I can't imagine what that family is going through.

But I did squeeze my kids a little harder.